Saturday, December 10, 2011

Life Begins...

at 40!!!

guess who had a BIG birthday this week?!

I honestly will never forget my 40th birthday, so much has happened to make it truly unforgettable...

first of all, I've been on the news - in America!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/rosemarycallsthegodd#p/a/f/0/CTkTmw3-OC4 - drat, I can't get links to post properly in here, but you can copy it and paste it if you are interested -- it's nothing to do with crochet though ;)

also, Peter had booked me in for a surprise afternoon of pampering at the spa at the Brehon hotel in Killarney on my actual birthday - oh gosh it was heavenly, if this is what being 40 is like then bring it on!!!

Back to crochet-related stuff...December has been such a good month for me too with sales, I'm so delighted!

I had thought that I was way more prepared for the Christmas 'rush' this year but things have sold SO well that I got down to just 7 pairs of wrist warmers in my Etsy shop!

Peter and I went to a craft fair at the Royal in Valentia last Sunday and it was very successful indeed - not as much as the one in Waterville the previous week but I'm very happy all the same!

I've been making mens' wristwarmers lately - I've had two custom orders and have made another pair as a Christmas pressie, and then just last night had another custom order for a pair :D

I'm so glad that I've started making alpaca wrist warmers - it is sooo lovely to work with (King Cole baby alpaca DK) and the colours are nice too...as well as the ones I've added of photos of below, I've got some creamy fawn baby alpaca to use at some stage so keep an eye out for a photo of them too! I'm learning that not EVERYONE wants to wear bright funky colours (though those sell really well too!) and it's good to have a bit of variety in what I'm selling.

It all seems to be wrist warmers and hats at the moment - once things quieten down a bit after Christmas I think I'll make some more scarves and cowls (a bit more variety again!) but right now I'm working to try and get some more items listed in my shop so smaller items are better!




4 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! I watched the wonderful youtube video - that is SO COOL that you made the news here! What an interesting ending to your beach find! I am greatly enjoying my three pair of wrist warmers - including the alpaca pair - now that it's finally getting cold here in Virginia! Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much - glad you are keeping warm -- it's getting chilly enough here now, I'm hoping so much we won't have any snow this year -- we just aren't used to it and can't cope!

    thanks for the convo over on Etsy by the way, I'll reply soon - LOVE your idea!!

    ReplyDelete