Saturday, October 18, 2014

Confessions of a Yarn Addict...

Well we're just back from our Autumn trip to visit Peter's family and our friends in England - we had a great holiday but I only just realised after we got home that I didn't take any photos at all during our time over there; it's quite disappointing really but it was out of my head.

We were only away for a few days so it was quite a whirlwind of a trip but we managed to spend lots of time with my step-daughter and her boyfriend and also Peter's Mum. I hadn't see my mother in law since before I started back on the ferry this year and in that time she's sold her house and moved into a great retirement home (I actually worked there for nine years myself!) -- it was amazing to see the change (for the better) since she moved in.

We also fitted in a trip to Cheltenham to visit my wonderful friend Shirley and to Nottingham too to catch up with my old friends Michelle and Dominique (and to see Michelle's new pet rabbit)

Shirley and myself met up for lunch (thanks Shirl!) and then some serious wool shopping here wool shop in Nottingham . It had been quite a while since I had been in a proper wool shop and I'm afraid I did over-spend a little bit...

The next day I went to this great wool shop Woolwise , in Kidderminster (where we were staying). I'd intended to just do a ''top-up'' shop but I ended up buying LOTS more again.


If you ever want to see what over €350 worth of wools looks like take a look at these photos.... the yarns are all mixed up so I'm not sure exactly which ones I bought in which shop now.


In my (feeble) defence it is all lovely stuff and I will use it all up. The yarns to the right of the last photo are actually ones that I didn't buy myself -- they were a gift from Shirley and they are GORGEOUS!

Everyone really should check out Shirley's own  fab Etsy shop :) I am the proud owner of several of her pairs of socks as well as a set of knee and elbow warmers!

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to resist beautiful soft wool.
    I'm trying to restrict myself for now until I use up a lot of my wool, but next week at the Knitting and Stitching Show my leash is coming off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh that sounds like a good day out - will you post photos of what you buy there please? I'm on a yarn diet for the time being but we are going to Germany in December and I just know I'll be coming back with another suitcase of new lovelies!

    ReplyDelete