Saturday, July 15, 2017

Grow Your Own.


 Look at our tomatoes!! I bought these plants just over two months ago and they are doing so well in the conservatory. I had previously grown tomatoes outside in one of those rickety 'greenhouses' but they never did that well for me - growing tomatoes outside in Ireland is a bit of a challenge to say the least.

I will definitely grow more next year - buying individual plants was a great idea (rather than sowing a whole packet of just one variety) - so we have regular red tomatoes and then these yellow ones



and then these beefsteak ones as well.


The atmosphere in the conservatory must suit peppers as well as they are romping away too.
















all of these (as well as the tomatoes) were bought from our local garden centre on Valentia...the exception is the bell pepper in the last photo: which I bought in Killorglin.

No comments:

Post a Comment