Sunday, February 10, 2019

Winter Colour

 I thought I'd write a small post about my houseplants and the winter colour in our conservatory. It's traditional to bring in a sign of Spring into the house on St. Brigid's Day (1st Feb).

I had just bought a new orchid - but sadly managed to break off one of the flower stems when I was unpacking the plant. Luckily they make great cut flowers and are still going strong after over a week.
 I bought four amaryllis from Marks and Spencers this year- so far three of them have flowered -- two different types of red and a pink!
The flowers are so over the top and full of colour. I can't remember what the 4th one is so it'll be a surprise :)

My first ever bromeliad - hopefully I will be able to keep it alive!

 ...and then there are my lovely orchids....



The yellow one is a new one this year  -  I always try to keep an eye out for orchids (and other houseplants) in the reduced section in Tesco or Marks and Spencer.



No comments:

Post a Comment