Saturday, April 9, 2011

Something for Myself

Before I start please take a look here http://http://cherryblossomtattoophotography.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweet-etsy-goodness-selkie-crochet.html if that works out ok it should take you to the wonderful CherryBlossonTattoo's blog where she was kind enough to publish an interview with me this week (and included loads of the photos - Peter will be pleased!)

and now on to something a bit more mundane..


This isn't really a great photo but you get the idea - I made myself one of those cotton bags to go with the lovely Boden dress I've bought for GrĂ¡inne's Communion at the end of May.

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out - the colours seem to go quite well really. It isn't a perfect match but I wouldn't want it to be PERFECT..I like how the green is slightly different.

I must admit that I'd decided on those colours for a bag I'd sell, and thought that they would go well together and then all of a sudden I remembered the dress so I decided that I'd keep this one for myself for a change :)

I don't have much in the line of cotton left now - only enough for one more bag! and I'm running out of colours for the embellishments too. I'm in two minds about buying another 10 pack of the cotton yarn from Springwools - they do seem to be popular. I had originally thought that these would be something to sell in the village market in the summer but I only have one left in my etsy shop!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the interview, but sadly the link wasn't working and I couldn't read it. :( The bag is so pretty, I'm glad you kept it for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://cherryblossomtattoophotography.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweet-etsy-goodness-selkie-crochet.html

    hope that works, I have yet to get the hang of posting a 'link' in my blog!

    I'm really delighted with my bag, I must admit - I don't usually keep that much for myself (apart from a couple of cowls and numerous wrist warmers...)

    ReplyDelete