Thursday, November 10, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year

Oh my goodness, things have REALLY taken off over on Etsy-land for me -- I have now had a grand total of 155 sales over there!

I had been hoping to make 150 sales by Christmas-time but now I'm having to revise the goal up to 175: I'm not sure if I'll make it or not, it won't be the end of the world if I don't but it's nice to have a goal to aim for.

Things have sold so much that I now only have 48 items in my shop -- I prefer to have over 50 (going by what people say on the forums, 100 is meant to be the 'magic' number) but I'm not complaining if/when things sell! I'm making items for the shop all the time, and I've had a few ''custom'' orders lately too.

I've nearly sold out of the cotton facial scrubbies - I think they make good 'stocking stuffers' and I have had two bulk orders in the last couple of weeks - one for 20 scrubbies and one for 28; which has just about cleared my shop out! I don't have much cotton left in my 'stash' so I will be ordering some more in due course, but at the moment I'm busy making other things :)

It can feel a bit overwhelming to be so busy with orders and sales, but I have to stop and remind myself that this 'rush' is just really going to last a couple of months and I should make the most from it while it lasts.

I feel like I'm doing so well right now - I was checking my shop statistics earlier today and I've already overtaken last November for orders :)

As I said in my last post I did a bit of a ''stock-up'' order from Springwools so hopefully that will be it now for a while, as I'm running out of storage space now!

I've been using up the de-stash yarn I bought from the lady who runs 'bennyboosbabyknits' - I've made three cowls with the Rowan 60% cotton/40% acrylic yarn -- I love the colours and it's lovely soft yarn. I'm in the middle of the fourth cowl using the yarn - I don't think there'll be much left after that but perhaps enough for a couple of striped hats or something.






Hats are something that I do want to make but I never seem to get around to doing them - I only have three in my shop, and would like to have a lot more; they are on 'the list' of things to make but I don't know when I'll get around to it...wristwarmers seem to sell SO well in my shop and I do love to make them, though who knows, hats might be even more popular if I just gave them a go.

I've tried some really lovely baby alpaca yarn from King Cole (via Springwools of course) - I've sold two pairs of wrist warmers made from it so far, and have one pair still listed in my shop; it is just the most lovely stuff to work with and is so incredibly soft (and warm).

Thought I'd include a video from yesterday - I was working on a pair of wrist warmers that are now on their way to Oregon! It was just a perfect day, but the next time I must remember to bring my own wrist warmers as my hands were getting cold after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment