Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Crochet keeps me sane..

 I thought I'd post some photos of my recent work spaces! Crochet really does keep me sane; it is my quiet ''me time'' and I love that it is so portable that I can bring whatever I'm working on with me where-ever I go (usually to the beach or out in the garden)


 I'm at my happiest when I'm sitting in the shade of a big rock down on the beach and working quietly and mindfully on whatever is next on my 'to do' list. (most of our beaches are rocky and rugged wonderful places rather than sandy - I love that my favourite spots are quite inaccessible for most people so I am usually the only person on the whole beach). It truly de-stresses me and keeps me present in the moment instead of letting my thoughts run ahead of me - while I'm crocheting I have to focus on the individual stitches and the movement of the yarn and hook in my hand; it calms me down and makes me shut out all the chaos and stress that that time of year always brings to me.  
While my day job is just so bonkers busy and frantic this time of year, my crochet becomes even more important to me - even though I'm left so tired and frazzled to do as much of it as I would like to, it is even more precious for me to be able to sit down and relax and make something with my hands, and I treasure the photos that I have posted on here as they help capture those precious moments of peace and quiet.


2 comments:

  1. I completely understand. I have just finished a very demanding one month course and even though I was completely knackered when I fnished the work for the day, I loved to crochet, because the repetitive nature of the craft calmed me down. And seeing the rows of nice stitches grow is just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete