Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Starting Over Again

Well, it's the middle of January already and the last time I posted in here was way back in August. A LOT has happened - we lost four cats last year and it's hit me SO hard. James and Bertie to kidney failure, Oscar to lymphoma and we had little Bear with us for just a few months before she was killed on the road.

It was an incredibly tough year; Oscar and Bears' deaths hit me especially  hard and to be honest I've really struggled with my depression in the last few months.

We've decided not to take in any more cats - unless they turn up in our garden - as it just hurts so much when we lose them. Maybe in the future we will foster kittens/cats for Klaws (our local animal rescue centre) but right now we have Pearl, Dinah and Ivy and hopefully they will be with us for a long time.

I just haven't really been coping too well with all the loss so I've let my Etsy shop slide - I'm still crocheting away (it can feel sometimes like the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes)  -  I just haven't been photographing and listing it online.

My Christmas markets were quite successful - which is great as I'd nothing going on Etsy last winter; I went to three -- Caherdaniel, then Cahirciveen and Waterville was last. Waterville has always been my best one - it wasn't this time round but I think it's probably because it was my last one and I didn't have SO much to choose from. The most important thing was that I was able to raise the funds to continue the sponsorship of my two girls through ActionAid Ireland.

Airmid soaps asked me to make more of the soap savers and scrubbies for them towards the end of the year (this also helped boost my sponsorship funds) --- you can buy them here … https://airmidsoap.com/collections/accessories they've been so great to work with - I'm really proud to be one of their suppliers.




No comments:

Post a Comment