Sunday, August 14, 2016

August

Argh, it's already nearly half-way through August and it's only now that I'm getting around to updating my blog this month...this time of year is just bonkers at work. It's the same every year but this week always catches me out - I think that things *should* start to quieten down a bit now that we're on the other side of the bank holiday weekend (and Puck fair) but it's still crazy busy. Yesterday on the ferry we'd nearly 900 cars in the day - and goodness knows how many cyclists/pedestrians.

It's the same for me every year - I start to feel really burnt out in the middle of August and really could do with a week off work to get my strength back. That isn't going to happen of course, so I just plod on through it with a smile on my face. In about seven weeks the ferry season will be over for another year so I guess this craziness is just a blip in the big scheme of things.

I'm off work tomorrow so I'm planning NOTHING for the whole day apart from crochet, a glass of wine, some chocolate and hopefully a beach somewhere in there too. My days off work are so precious at this time of year as it's when I get a chance to recharge my batteries.

Progress with our conservatory is really moving on now - it's all finished now apart from all the interior stuff such as getting a radiator plumbed in, getting the electrics sorted, getting the floor in and getting the builders back to finish the plastering/tidying up. We'll get them to make us a new patio too once we can decide on how big we want it to be!

It's going to be such a great addition to our house - our little bungalow is so tiny (big enough for the two of us really but it's always nice to have some extra space) - I can't wait until it's all finished and we can start moving furniture etc in there and enjoy it properly.







The garden is still like a building site - things won't improve there until we've got the patio in place and can start tidying things up again; there's just no point in the meantime. It's going to be so worth it in the long term - I'm already looking forward to next year :)


No comments:

Post a Comment