Saturday, December 23, 2017


 More Christmassy posting!  I'd taken this photo above to show my old penpal friend in Germany some of the little decorations that she had sent me over the years -- but it turns out that the fireplace on in the centre must have been given to me by someone else as she has no memory of it! So all these years, I've been thinking about Michaela and Tom when I light the tea light in the fireplace, and it is nothing to do with them! 


Our conservatory is finally finally almost finished - all we need to do is to fix in a couple of loose wires and then give it a lick of paint where needed.

After a lot of nagging the electrician came to finish our lights last month - up until then we had just had wires hanging from the walls with bare bulbs -- we'd waited over a year like this! I know it isn't really that big an issue in the big scheme of things (first world problems) but I am so relieved that the job is done and we've finally had his bill.



Now that the light fittings are in situ we could start to hang up our paintings and pictures on the wall - something that I've been waiting for for so long! 


 There are still a few more bits and pieces to go up in there but it feels like a proper room now.



No comments:

Post a Comment