Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Last Post of the Month

March has been SUCH a quiet month in my Etsy shop, I'm hoping that it isn't a sign of how things will be for the rest of the year - this month I've only had five sales; last year in March I had just over twice that number. Sigh.

I've decided that I'm not going to print any more of my cards just yet - I had been thinking about placing a order for some new ones with Moo before the Summer season, but I can't justify the cost of it right now and I still have so many in 'stock' so that should last me out the rest of the year. It's  more practical to sell up the ones I already have instead of keeping printing more and more and more of them, so for once I'm going to be practical and do the thing that makes business sense.

I'm thinking about putting my Etsy shop on sale for a while to try and bring in some extra euros - it looks like the ferry (my proper 'day job' for six months of the year) will be at least a month late starting this season...we were meant to be starting this coming Thurs/Friday but things are all up in the air right now.

Ugh, this is a pretty miserable post really - I'll come up with some positives..

We've just come back from a trip over to visit my step-daughter and some friends in England - it was a bit of a whirlwind trip rather than a holiday as we had booked it when we thought that the ferry would shortly be re-starting up, so we were only away for a few days. But it was lovely - and I got to meet up with the mighty Shirley in Cheltenham again for lunch and wool shopping again :)

While we were away my new camera came in the post http://www.sony.ie/electronics/cyber-shot-compact-cameras/dsc-h300 this is the one that I opted for...it's a big step forward compared to my old (more basic) Sony Cyber-Shot. I'm still finding my way round it but I think we'll get on ok together :)





These are some photos from when I went to the beach the other day - I'm really liking the zoom (it's a x35 one compared to my old x15).



No comments:

Post a Comment