Saturday, October 17, 2015


I've made this wrist warmer and matching headband set as a custom order but I really like them so I'm going to make more :) People at markets etc quite often ask if I have a matching hat/headband to go with wrist warmers and very often I don't have anything that would 'go' so I lose out on making a good sale (they'll buy one or the other, not both) -- I'll make up a few matching sets ready for the Christmas markets and see how they go.

King Cole's ''riot'' has got to be one of the yarns that I have used most through my crochet 'career' - I just love the colours and how they merge from one to the other. The colour combinations sometimes look like they just won't go together but then when you work it up into a wrist warmer or whatever, it gives a great effect.
 These wrist warmers are made in a King Cole yarn too - this was my first time using their 'Shine' -- I'm not sure whether I would use it again to be honest. It's 100% acrylic (with a soft sparkly thread running through it) and it doesn't have the same ''feel'' as a wool/acrylic blend. The wrist warmers do feel quite comfortable once you were them though, so hopefully they will sell - I know there's a market for wool free/vegan items.

No comments:

Post a Comment