Saturday, October 31, 2015

taking stock...

I remembered this post from last year working hard and thought that I might try to make this 'taking stock' an annual event so that I have a snap shot of how much I have in my Etsy shop and how things are going.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This was last year's information...
165 active listings in my Etsy shop
  • 38 listings in my wristwarmers and cuffs section 
  • 22 listings in my bath and beauty section
  • 46 listings in my hats and headbands section
  • 2 listings in my bags section
  • 2 listings in my little beach pebbles section
  • 15 listings in my beachcombing treasures section
  • 2 listings in my supplies section
  • 33 listings in my greetings cards section
  • and 5 listings in my sale section 
 To date I've had 632 sales in my Etsy shop and my feedback rating is 363 (all five star apart from two four star reviews)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


and for comparison, this is how things are this year...
105 active listings in my Etsy shop
  • 23 listings in my wristwarmers and cuffs section 
  • 19 listings in my bath and beauty section
  • 17 listings in my hats and headbands section
  •  2 listings in my bags section
  •  0 listings in my little beach pebbles section
  •  7 listings in my beachcombing treasures section
  • 11  listings in my supplies section
  • 26 listings in my greetings cards section
  • and 0 listings in my sales section  

 To date I've had 793 Etsy sales, and my feedback is 439 (all five star apart from 2 four star reviews still) 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the last year I've been selling LOTS more of the sea glass pieces (and sea shells for crafting supplies)  - I really need to crack on with making more wrist warmers and hats....that's what I'm in the middle of right now - I still have two pairs of wrist warmers to photograph and get listed and am nearly finished a third pair. I've got 19 pairs of the crocodile stitch ones listed (and the two finished pairs are the same pattern but different colours) - I need to get making some of the 'ordinary' wrist warmers too so that there's a bit of choice!

I've been pretty busy with custom orders lately too; making a headband with matching wrist cuffs (see one of my earlier posts from this month), then making a hat with a flower on for Rosie, wrist warmers for Jana... I also had a message from a man in America who wanted two pairs of wrist warmers the same so I had to order some extra wool (from Springwools) for them - they're off in the post already now :)

I've also had an order for a 'Mummy & me' hat set for a friend of my Mum - so far I've only made the hat for the mother, I need to sit down and work out how to convert it all to a smaller size next! I've also ordered in some baby alpaca yarn for a pair of wrist warmers for a lady on Valentia and then just the other day I had a message from my friend in New York state about a pair of wrist warmers for her husband!

So all of this will keep me busy for a while; in amongst all of that I'll be also building up some stock for my Etsy shop in the hopes of big sales (and for the winter craft markets too of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment