Saturday, November 18, 2017

New Colours

We're just back home after a flying visit over to family in England so of course I had planned a trip to the local wool shop while we were staying in Kidderminster with Beth and Mark for a few days.

I wasn't sure what to expect of it this time - when we went last year I only bought a few balls of wool (and my pompom maker!) as it seemed like they were going down the line of mostly stocking baby yarns in pastel colours and cheap acrylics...neither of which are what I would choose to use.

I was quite hopeful though when we were looking at their window display -- they have started to be a stockist for West Yorkshire Spinners so I was keen to go in and have a look at what they had. 

As you can see from the photos I ended up spending a fair bit!

They always seem to have a range of discontinued lines - I don't know if it's just that they don't sell an awful amount of wool in their shop so they still have it as stock? I bought the Wendy 'celtic' again and the King Cole 'galaxy dk' - I'm pretty sure that the 'ocean' shade has been discontinued now.


I was impressed with the quality of the West Yorkshire Spinners yarns so I bought a few of them for hats and wrist warmers. I'm honestly not sure when I'll get around to using up all of these though, as I am pretty much full to bursting when it comes to yarn...

I've been really good and only buying stuff that I need really for particular orders but it's different when I go on holiday!!



I bought three new (new to me at least) shades of the Cygnet 'Boho Spirit' - I'll make them into wrist warmers too; I still haven't really made my mind up on that yarn..it feels like it's trying to rip off King Cole's riot.
 

This fluffy one is by Sirdar and when I tried googling it it turns out that it has been discontinued as well - I'm a bit nervous about using it as it might turn out to be a nightmare but we'll see...the ball is 300g so it should be enough for a scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment